Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Lucky Quarter

As well as the forest piece, I am entering another exhibition at the Buddy Holly center in Lubbock for Día de los Muertos. This small painting is dedicated to my uncle that passed a few years ago. It was a difficult time for me because I was nearing the end of my undergrad and needed to decide what I wanted to do after graduation. I had been battling between going for an MFA or apply to Texas Tech for the Museum Studies program, a completely new career path. In traditional BriAnna format I flipped a coin and it landed heads for Tech six times. I felt like my uncle, who I always looked to for advice, was pointing me in the right direction. That is why the eyes are quarters and the butterflies in the hat are for soul and change. I am very pleased with this piece and all of the other artists that contributed to a wonderful exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment