Thursday, November 8, 2012

Final Forest Dream

I missed some progress shots, but the forest dream painting is now complete! If it had not been for a local art show it may have never been finished, ha. I am very pleased with how it came out and will be entering it in the National Arts Program exhibit at the Lubbock Garden and Arts Center. 

I debated for a while whether or not to add the falling figure, but I think it makes the painting now. The figure is cut out of mat board, mounted on foam core to create a shadow, and then attached to the panel frame with nails so that it can be taken off if needed. The colors are much darker than I normally work, creating the night and glowing feel. Now I would like to start a new painting that steps away from my usual dream theme. All that I need now is inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment